Some pictures from the farm.

I'm back from the farm. I decided not to go to the fair tonight. Instead I used the money that I earned to fill up my car with gas. I figured that was more benificial to me than going to Berrien Springs for a few hours and seeing a circus and eating fattening food. Instead, I'll eat that fattening food tomorrow. But as I said in my previous post, I do have some pictures for you.

Here's one of the tractors with some zucchinies. (You might know them courgettes or summer squash.)

One of the plenty of sunflowers at the farm.

Alright, I owe someone a picture of an outhouse. I forget who. Yes, it's true, there is no plumbing at the farm. You get used to it... yet, you never get used to it.

This is Dutchess, my grandma's dog. I remember when she was found on the farm. This dog used to run like the wind. She also smells! To my horror, I'm told that Grandma is talking about putting her down. She's 16 years old and is limping around. I still think of her as that young pup.

In this picture, you can see some collard greens. Personally, I find them detestable. As much as I like soul food, I'll pass on this stuff. However, I will eat spinach and kale.



Here we have five pound cartons of blue berries. Yum! My cousin used to hate blueberries until one year when he started picking them with us. He was converted. They sell for about $10 a carton. Yes... much cheaper than you buy them in the supermarket. I'm telling you, if you want cheap and fresh fruits and vegetables, you need to find yourself a farmer to buy directly from.

Comments

john said…
Great picture!!
Daddy Cool said…
mmm blueberries. loved the pics.
David said…
^Thanks you two. It was a beautiful day.

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?