Go Vote

If you are a citizen, registered, and interested, you have until 8 tonight to get to the polls and vote in the primary.

I will be looking out to see if the incumbent state representative will be sent to Lansing next term. He's currently in a three way race for the Republican ticket. One of his opponents has more signs in people's yards plus the endorsements of two county sheriffs (Berrien and Cass). I guess it'll be clear soon enough.

9 Aug. UPDATE:
Well the incumbent that I was talking about barely won his primary. The margin was around 200 votes. Have you noticed, that I am not naming him? I used to work for him, so I'm trying to avoid making my blog pop up on any google search that he may do of himself.

* * *

What is with the move to the right and to the left?

Rep. Joe Schwarz (MI-7th) lost his primary to State Rep. Tim Walberg who is arguably more "conservative."

Sen. Joe Lieberman (D-CT) lost his primary to Ned Lamont who lies further to the left. I've got to track down a Connecticut newspaper so that I can follow this story better. I hear that the Republican candidate is going to loose no matter what. With the margin so close amongst likely Democratic voters, I would like to know if Connecticut Republicans will use voter strategy and vote for Sen. Lieberman who plans to run as an independent. I would love to see Lieberman win in November. How is it going to look for the party that stabbed him in the back?

Comments

Personally, I consider it people being more honest about who is and is not part of their respective party. These are good signs IMHO. It provides an opening for a third party to emerge.
David said…
Hey Jeremy. I thought you had quit your blog. It's great to see you back.

As for a third party opening, I don't think it will happen. The way the government is set up naturally sets up a two party system.

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!