Taking a Gamble

I have been seeing a guy for a few weeks and he offered to take me to Las Vegas. Hotel and food were covered as he had a comp package. All I had to do was pick up the flights, transports, and misc expenses.  Sure it was a crazy decision but things were going well and I couldn't pass up this kind of opportunity, right?

We stayed at the Fremont Hotel in downtown Las Vegas. Of course it's not as fancy as the mega hotels on the strip and at first I didn't like it. However, the more I stayed, the more I began to like the grittier Las Vegas over the polished one.
The guy that I was with spent a lot of time gambling. I'm not a gambler. Watching a machine eat my money roils my blood so I spent a lot of my time walking around taking in the sights.
East Freemont


Sometimes I was a little disappointed. For example, this time I thought I was going to a park and it turned out to be a mall.

Luxor
I didn't get to spend as much time touring the strip as I did. One of the highlights, though, was going to the Luxor to see a Bodies exhibit. Unfortunately, photography was prohibited. The best part of this whole trip was when I left Las Vegas:
Hoover Dam
South Rim

Going on a trip with someone I knew for so little time was a chance. The trip had it's pluses and minuses and I would have to say that I would not have done it if I knew then what I know now. Still, on adventures like these, I can still take and cherish the memories and experiences I did have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!