It is the network.

<<--See Also: New Number Comin' Up


Verizon Wireless is updating their network in the South Bend area to EV-DO (Evolution-Data Optimized) which is a 3rd Generation network. That's cool and all, and my phone is 3G capable. My question is will Alltel's roaming agreement with Verizon allow me to use that network? If so, I wonder how that will affect my battery life. I can go about four days without having to recharge but I've heard that EV-DO dramatically shortens battery life. I'm hearing that problem is mainly for people who live on the edges of an EV-DO network where their phone switches back and forth between EV-DO and the regular network. Since I'm only a couple miles away from the border, would I be affected? Hmm... Some hacking may be in order.

Comments

Minge said…
I sometimes wonder if mobile telephones are more trouble than they're worth. How did we ever get by without them?
john said…
My phone battery has been lasting less and less and my phone will only be two years old in July.
Luke said…
My phone shows both TX and EVDO reception. But there is an easy way to turn off EVDO to extend battery life with codes for your phone.
David said…
@minge: I know! I used to think that cell phones were stupid toys of the rich. Now, if I can't find my phone, I get the shakes. Well... almost.

@john: I don't know about Cingular, but Alltel won't give me deals on any phones until my two year contract is just about over. Ask your Cingular rep, you might be able to get a deal.

@luke: I'm not too worried about it. So far the EV-DO network hasn't been put up but if it gives me problems when it does, I'll be sure to modify my set.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!