Rogue One - Thumbs Up

I went to the first local showing of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. I didn't want any spoilers to come my way and I knew that they would be coming at me if I waited for the weekend when I usually go to the movies. Paying the premium and ahead of time was a good decision.

So I'm not going to ruin it for anyone else with important spoilers but I will say:

Yes, some familiar characters make appearances. Technology is almost there where you can believe you are looking at the same person you saw almost 40 years ago. 

A lot of the scenes in trailers were not in the movie. I would be interested in how many changes were made--how the story evolved during production.

Now that I've seen how people have have rated this against other Star Wars movies, I would have to disagree with them. I would place this in the middle of the pack. From favorite to least:
  • The Empire Strikes Back
  • A New Hope
  • Return of the Jedi
  • Rogue One
  • The Force Awakens
  • Revenge of the Sith
  • The Phantom Menace
  • Attack of the Clones

Comments

staceycritzer said…
i definitely agree that rogue one was better than the force awakens. i would probably have to see the rest again though to make a full ranking! whichever one has the Ewoks, i think that is my fav :)
David said…
Stacey, I may have to find the two Ewok movies for you.

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!