Sick of Being Jerked Around

I am not successful at landing dates. Finding another guy that is mutually interested is an almost impossible task and so far, every single one that I have has been a dud in one way or another. After almost two years, I had high hopes for this one that I was supposed to have met tonight. After talking to him online for about a month, he comes off as intelligent and capable of having more than a simple conversation. However, this is the third time I have tried to meet up with him and it looks like he has flaked out yet again.

This kind of rejection and treatment is really doing a number on my self-esteem. I look around at my friends and wonder how they made it look so easy. They found great people with which to pair up. Here I am, sitting on the couch waiting for a guy that isn't going to show up. It's like a scene from one of those angsty TV dramas like Felicity. I should have some sad indie song playing while I wallow in self pity.  *Turns on Pandora*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?