Kentucky Day 2

I woke up around 0630 and watched as the sunlight reached into the lower parts of the ravine. I went ahead and started a fire and prepped for breakfast. After putting in a third log into the fire, I figured that the rest of the guys weren't getting up any time soon. I took my foam mat and soaked up some sun. After a while I started to hear them stirring and breaking out the food.

After breakfast we began to check out some trails and views. Here we are on Chimney Top Rock. Great view.

Kevin had one particular goal for this trip and that was to see a waterfall. We made our way to the far eastern side of the park and on to Rock Bridge Trail. This was the first time we would be going into the ravine and it was quite a lovely descent. It was nice that there were steps and bridges to help.

I was hot and tired and sticky and when we finally got to the waterfall, I knew what I was going to do. Without even consulting the other guys, I hoped on down into the banks and started stripping. "Are you really going in there," Someone asked. I replied, "Hell yeah!" The rest followed and soon we were enjoying a nice cool down in the water. It was actually energizing.

Just around a bend from the waterfall is the Rock Bridge. Casey and William decided to get up there. I opted not to climb things. One broken leg is enough to last me a lifetime.

After that, we headed out of the park to get some lunch and firewood. While we were out, it started to rain pretty well and checking the weather forecast didn't give us much good news. The rain that we were watching come down, was only a taste of the thunderstorms that would be rolling in the next day.

After a delicious "hobo dinner," I turned in rather early. All that walking was exhausting. That didn't work for Casey who had a hard time falling asleep with me snoring up a fright.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?