Re: Prince. Am I missing something here?

News broke at work that Prince had died. My officemate seemed a little upset as she and her husband seem to be big fans. Me, not so much. I wasn't into much of his music.

Towards the end of the night, I got into a conversation with a UPS driver while his truck was was being loaded. We got onto the purported cause of death being the flu. He was under the impression that Prince was gay and that he had AIDS.

Now I can understand the perception that Prince was gay. His flamboyancy and androgynous features had made that impression on me years ago too. I must admit that the cause of death being the flu did cause me to think of a compromised immune system. By now, however, I have learned enough about Prince to doubt that he was gay or that he had AIDS. Drugs are what came to my mind.

As I watch some of the tributes roll in on facebook and other sites, I am a bit bothered especially by those coming in from the queer community. You see, I think that Prince was rather a homophobe. He was against gay marriage and even brought up Sodom and Gomorrah-that God was justified in killing gays. His death doesn't seem like it is something I need to get worked over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!