What's on fire? Canada.

I went to work in hazy conditions today. There was so much haze that you could see the sun without having to instinctively avert your eyes. The solar disk hung there-big, glowing, orange. It was a sight that you don't get to see often so I savored it for a few minutes before heading in.

Wildfires in Canada are throwing up smoke high into the atmosphere and has been making its way over the Great Lakes. With that much particulate in the air, I was looking forward to the end of the day because this would be a great day to see a sunset. With that much particulate in the air, I figured I could expect a beautiful red sunset.


Perhaps my expectations were running a little high but it was a lovely sight nonetheless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!