Sad Situation in the Parking Lot

As I pulled into the parking lot at work this morning I spotted some asshole temp taking up two parking spaces.  I was just going to take a picture of the car and quickly vent my annoyance on twitter.  As I took the photo, I noticed that the plush toy on the dash moved.  Yup, someone had brought their cat to work. I'm not a cat person but I felt bad for the little guy.  I wasn't terribly alarmed, thinking that this was animal abuse. If it was summer, that'd be different.  Still not a place to be for cat.

I figured that the temp must be some kind of overly attached cat fanatic.  When I got out of my car to get a closer look, I saw a bunch of crap in the back. Then it dawned on me what I was seeing.  This person was probably living out of his or her--probably her--car.

I told my supervisor and showed her the picture on my phone.  She marched me down to HR to let them know.  I was embarrassed but I was also beginning to worry about what kind of trouble I might be bringing down on the poor temp.  If HR was shitty, they could just let her go.  Not very helpful for a homeless person needing to earn some money.  On the other hand, if they were nice and tried to talk with her about it, that's another boat load of embarrassment right there.  Considering the company's good working relationship with the local homeless center, I was betting it was going to be the latter option.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?