Licking Wounds or Celebrating

It's been a couple days now.  President Obama has been reelected.  Generally speaking, my ballot was pretty much in line with the winners.  I was on the wrong side of Proposal 1--the Emergency Manager law.  That was defeated and the law will not take effect.  The rest of the Proposals were voted down much to my relief.  I hope Matty Moroun can take his Proposal 6 and stick it where the sun don't shine.

I haven't been paying much attention to the reaction on the left.  I expect them to be celebrating and besides, I get enough of it on my facebook newsfeed.  The reaction on the right has been far more interesting.  This was an election that they thought they had in the bag a year ago.  Now they have to figure out why they didn't succeed.  I think that the excuse most pundits are going with was that this was due to all the white evangelicals that decided to sit this election out.

The gay rights issues turned out great. Maine's Question 1Maryland's Question 6, and Washington's Referendum 74 all passed allowing same sex marriage in those states.  Minnesota's Amendment 1 which would have defined marriage as, "only a union of one man and one woman," was defeated.  Although same sex marriage remains illegal in Minnesota, it does prevent a huge hurdle being placed into the state's constitution. I had to immediately check on @NOMupdate so how Brian Brown is taking this BURN!

Well the this season is over and done with.  Campaign season starts up in a few months for the upcoming midterms.  I know y'all are just bursting with excitement.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!