Food and Pups

Insert Asian Jokes Here.

St. Joe-Probably the last I'll see of the lake this year.
Today I was invited to join my sister, her fiancĂ©, and her future mother-in-law in St. Joe for taste testing a catering joint.  I’m all about free food and this especially since it’s going to be the best food I’m going to eat for the next two weeks until I get my next check.  A lot of it seemed like standard stuff that you would expect at a wedding but they also had some unexpected things.

I’m not a vegetable guy.  I’ll eat them but I don’t enjoy them but they had a roasted veggies dish that was really tasty.  Even more surprising is that I enjoyed the zucchinis.  Ask my parents and especially my grandmother.  They will tell you I am zucchini hater.  Little bastards can’t decide whether they want to be pickle, an eggplant, or winter squash.

There was one appetizer that they served which were called butternut squash ravioli.  It wasn't ravioli like you might think.  The filling was the squash between two crisp wafers and glazed with butter.  I could eat a platter of them.

In the end, I don’t know what my sister will choose or even if she will go with this vendor but I have a feeling that it’ll be good no matter what.  I may resort to flipping tables if she opts for burgers and hot dogs though.

After the taste testing and as I was walking back to my car, my friend Kevin called and asked if I could have given him a ride to work so I adjusted my approach back to home and stopped by his place.  While there I was able to see the puppies that his dog birthed earlier this week.  I've never seen puppies that young before.  They were pretty cute but considering their parents, I’m curious to see what they will end up looking like when they get older. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!