Monday, March 26, 2012

The Hunger Games



Last week, I kept hearing people talk about some movie called The Hunger Games.  At first I was under the impression that it was some teeny girl love story--something like Twilight.  I was not interested in seeing something like Twilight.  Still, I kept hearing about it so I decided that I would YouTube it and see what it was about.  I saw this trailer and I was sold.  If you don't know what it is about, watch the trailer.  Go on, I'll wait.

My friend Kraig and I saw it yesterday.  I really liked the film.  Just under "loved."  I only have two complaints: The damn shaky camera and they seemed to gloss over the story's more political/societal message.  Kraig apparently didn't appreciate it.  He said that he didn't like the idea of kids killing each other and it made him lose a little more faith in humanity.  I tried to tell him that the point of the story is to show how revolting this situation is and that it shows sparks of that very humanity that he thinks they were lacking.  Perhaps he will need to sit through the sequels.

I liked it well enough that I asked my sister if I could borrow her books.  Now I'm not a fan of teen love stories but the rest of it--great stuff.

*video h/t to TheHungerGamesMovie on YouTube.

No comments: