Results From Yesterday

I don’t have official numbers from yesterday’s primary but what I do have is this:

Businessman Rick Snyder will be the Republican candidate for governor having secured 36% of the party’s voters. He competed against four others: Oakland Co. Sheriff (and former state senator) Mike Bouchard, Attorney General Mike Cox, Congressman Pete Hoekstra (MI-2), and State Senator Tom George (20th District).

On the Democratic side of the governor ballot, Lansing Mayor Virg Bernero has won his party's candidacy. I've actually met this guy. He was invited to one of my Poli Sci classes. I actually remember thinking that this guy was ambitious. I may not have agreed with some of his policy positions but I had to admit, he made very good arguments.

Congressman Fred Upton (MI-6) has won his primary contest against State Rep. Jack Hoogendyk (61st District). He won with 57% of the Republican vote and had the edge in all 7 counties that the 6th District covers.

I’m just gonna call it right now: State Rep John Proos (79th District) will be moving to the other end of the capitol building. He has beat Todd Griffee with 77% of the Republican vote. The senate seat (21st District) is a safe Republican seat so dollars to donuts he will win it in November.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?