2009, You Can Kiss My Ass

It’s only a few hours left until I enter into the new year. I can say that I am happy to leave this disaster of a year behind. I’ve spent most of it recovering from a nasty broken leg. Both of my parents have had their own health scares requiring surgery and hospital stays. Our living costs have risen and our job security has gone down along with our financial assets. There has been a constant stream of things needing repair and crying out loud, why isn’t there anything good on TV anymore!

Now that I’m done griping, I want to share the good things:

I still have a job. I have survived multiple waves of layoffs and it is a good
thing too as this region of the country is one of the most economically
depressed.

Babies. One of my best friends had a little boy and how
can anyone not appreciate something like that?

Another set of friends
got married.

There were three awesome trips: One to Washington, DC,
another to Chicago to check out the top of the Sears Tower, and the last to Six
Flags Great America.

The election of Barack Obama to the Presidency of
the United States. Not because I support him but because our government
continues on even while changing hands and this
time
, I don’t think it could have occurred in a more beautiful way.

MSU totally rocked in basketball, winning the conference and making it
to the championship in Detroit (suck they didn’t win it but ya know…)

Oh! And there’s the new puppy. :-)


I hope that everyone of you have a great new year.

Comments

John Provis said…
I know it's a bit late, but... happy new year, hope it's a better one for you than 2009!

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!