Bad Times for Work, Food, and Play

There’s been a lull at work lately and they have been giving the option for people to leave early. I was asked if I wanted to go home but I’ve got plenty to keep me busy. So it’s been pretty nice to catch up on some work and if this continues into next week, I can probably start implementing some changes to a few spreadsheets that I compile.

I’ve experimented with going to the Y before work versus going to the Y after work. I haven’t been liking either option. In the morning, I’m so dead tired. Also when I get there, the only people that are there are the old people or the gym rats. Both crowds make me uneasy. The plus side is that the place isn’t crowded. The evening is the pits. People are everywhere and so are those damn kids. Mostly I don’t like it because I end up having to wait until 8pm until I can get dinner at home.

I started running again. Okay “run” might not be the best word. You should see me. I’m sure it’s funny looking. So far, it’s been short as my side feels unsure and it tires me out pretty fast. Still, I manage to walk for about 40 minutes.

Last week I vowed to cut out fast food and managed to keep away until this evening. Here’s what happened: My exit was closed on the freeway so I had to take a detour through Buchanan. As I was driving through the business strip there, I got a craving for a coke. Without even thinking about it, I swung in and got myself a combo meal. Scary. I crave fast food and my body automatically takes me to it.

Comments

Stacey said…
kraig just got a Y membership a couple of days ago. he might be able to go with you.. he likes yoga too

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!