- Call the insurance company and inquire as to why 1.) the ambulance charge was being “pended,” 2.) the x-rays were being rejected and 3.) they need me to tell them—for the third time over the phone—how I got injured.
- Call x-ray lab to tell them to expect to be hearing back from my insurance company so that I can get an extension on my bills.
- Call the hospital to find out if my ambulance bill was rolled into their ER bill because I haven’t received one yet but my insurance company apparently has (because they told me it was “pended”).
- Call my Doctor’s office to call in my prescription for my anti-blood clotting medication.
- Call pharmacist to arrange a pick-up of that medication.
- Go pay the wheelchair rent.
- Go pay the car insurance.
- Go and get the oil changed.
- Go to the lab and get blood drawn.
[Groans] Tomorrow I will start on my taxes.