Summer Storms

A storm off Lake Michigan. Posted by Hello


Yeah, I'm one of those freaks that loves bad weather. I was driving home last night from work and headed westward into a strong thunderstorm cell. Most of the lightinng was quick and contianed in the clouds but ocassionally, I would see a ground stike. This seems to be typicall of electrical storms here in the Midwest. Take a look at the picture above. That's pretty much how it looks like most of the time.

A few years ago, I went on ASSIST to Ellsworth AFB. The plains states seem to have some of the most dramatic storms I've ever seen. As I was touching down at the Rapid City airport, we decended through the clouds and I marveled at all the lightning that was occuring all around us. I remember this one teenager who looked like she was traveling alone just gripping the arm chair and silently praying to herself. I'm sure if we got hit by a bolt, I'd be shitting myself too, but for the moment, I was having a great time. To date, it has been the only time that I've flown through a thunderstorm. Sometimes, I wish I knew someone in the US Air Force Reserve or NOAA who get me on to one of those reconaissance flights into hurricanes. Now that would be an adventure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!